Thursday, April 3, 2014

SPRING FAVOURITES

Nothing excites me more than warmth after a winter from hell, so thank heavens we are finally experiencing some. I think we can all rejoice and agree that spring took her sweet-ass time to swing by Toronto, and we have never been happier to see her. It's the most glorious feeling to be able to ditch the parka and finally opt for something lighter! Ok, now that I have that vent session out of the way, let's talk clothes. There are a few items that have been burning holes in my closet all winter long, and I'm so happy to finally start wearing them. Due to the longest, coldest winter in the history of my Toronto life, I have decided that I am unapologetically going to outfit repeat like crazy because some of these things should have been worn a lot earlier. sorrynotsorry.

Here are a few of my Spring Favourites this year...


STRAPPY SANDALS
ok, sorry, I'm obsessed. I just bought a pair, and even though I wear heels more than I probably should, and I had to take it slow. The heel on them is quite skinny and because of this, they are a bit difficult to walk in, but paired with a cute boyfriend jean, or any light wash denim, they are honestly worth the risk of an ankle sprain.


BRIMMED HATS
I really have loved brimmed hats for a long time, but have never found one that worked on me! Ironically, I found this one at Target... so I bought it in three colours... oops. I definitely think they will be a staple for spring and summer.



STRUCTURED TOTE BAGS IN BEIGE OR BLACK
I feel like tote bags weren't really around for a while there, most of us opting for a smaller bag, with a long shoulder strap, but I definitely think they are joining us again for spring. They are simple and classy and perfect for the working girl... (I use the word 'working' loosely)


SHEER FLORAL KIMONOS



I'm kind of dying over this trend. I just bought one and I feel like when I throw it on, it automatically makes my outfit more fun. I definitely think we will see a lot of these this spring and summer.


MATCHING CROP/SKIRT COMBOS

I love this. I think it's adorable and classy. It definitely doesn't need to be done with a skirt though, a cute crop/high waisted shorts combo would be just as perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment