Monday, January 20, 2014

YOU WON'T BELIEVE HOW MANY CHEMICALS ARE IN YOUR PRODUCTS

So, I've been wanting to post about this for a while and I'm finally doing it. Hallelujah!

About four months ago a decided to make a bit of a lifestyle change after reading an article about chemicals in everyday products. Being a bit of a product junkie, I was intrigued by how the article basically pointed out my ignorance to the harmfulness of my everyday life. I went through the products I use the most, and was sickened by what I found. I was putting multiple carcinogens onto my skin and hair every single day. I got a little dramatic (surprise surprise) and threw every single product in the garbage right away... then I called everyone I knew and tried to convince them to do the same. (Most of whom thought I was insane)

*I'll post the list below so you can see how many of them are in the products you use*

Below are the products that I switched to, in leu of the products I disposed of ( AKA the killer products) and I'll explain to you why I am so much happier with them. There are others that are fantastic, these are just ones I decided to try.

THE NEW FACE WASH
MAIGA facial cleanser - sent to me from the heavens above, I'm sure of it.
All natural ingredients - All of them you can actually pronounce (which I think is a definite bonus)
It changed my complexion so quickly, I was shocked -- It's amazing how much your skin clears up when you stop putting chemicals, preservatives and other crap on it.. -15$ (at most natural health food stores)

THE NEW MOISTURIZER

Many of you already know about my undying love for coconut oil but I am trying a different brand this time around. Mostly because I was able to buy it in a 1.6L tub. (I know.. aggressive) That is literally how much I use it. It is raw, virgin and organic and get this... NO CHEMICALS. It is so much better for your skin than store bought moisturizers and lasts an extremely long time. I pretty much marinate in it from head to toe... $26.99

THE NEW BODY WASH

OK, so this is what I switched out for body wash. It is PURE GLYCERINE SOAP and it is made by The Soap Works. The good thing about glycerine soap is that it holds in a ton of moisture to your skin. I will probably try something different after this is finished, as there are a few things I don't LOVE about it, but it's completely natural and significantly reduces your carbon footprint which is great. $12.99

I plan on trying as many natural products as possible, so I will keep you posted on what I think of them. That way you guys will know the deal.

BELOW IS A LIST OF THE CRAP YOU WILL FIND IN YOUR PRODUCTS:

  1. DEA (Diethanolamine), MEA (Monoethanolamine), TEA (Triethanolamine 
  2. Phthatates and Parabens
  3. FD&C color pigments
  4. Fragrance
  5. Imidazolidinyl urea & DMDM Hydantoin
  6. Quaternium - 15
  7. Isopropyl Alcohol
  8. Mineral Oil (Baby oil is made from pure mineral oil and is horrible for your baby's skin)
  9. PEG (Polyethylene Glycol)
  10. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Sodium Laureth Sulfate
  11. Talc
  12. Triclosan
  13. Petrolatum

No comments:

Post a Comment